This low carb, high protein is great for breakfast with some nut butter, or with some yummy toppings for lunch. Try smoked salmon & avocado, or haloumi, sundries tomato, basil leaves and pesto.
- 8 Eggs
- 100g Carrot grated
- 50g Butter melted
- 50g Coconut oil melted
- 40g Ground flax seeds
- 30g Coconut flour
- 35g Mixed seeds – pumpkin, sunflower, sesame
- 1tbsp Dried onion flakes
- 1tbsp Dried basil flakes
- 1/4tsp Baking powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 1980 C and line a 20 x 10cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a blender mix the eggs, butter and coconut oil until fluffy (about 1 minute)
- Add the ground flax, coconut flour, baking powder, onion flakes, basil and salt and pepper.
- Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Transfer into mixing bowl and add the grated carrot and seeds. Stir well.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and top with extra seeds.
- Place in to the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing into desired sized pieces (we like ours thin!)