This quick vegetarian chilli has a smoky heat from the ground chipotle, and keeps well in the freezer too.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 Large red onion
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1tsp Chillo powder
- 4tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 Ground chipotle chile
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 350ml Water
- 2 x 400g Black beans, rinsed
- 1 x 400g diced tomatoes
- 4tspLime juice
- Generous handful chopped fresh coriander
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and onion and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, chilli powder, cumin, chipotle and salt and stir constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add water and bring to simmer. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Cook until the sweet potato is tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes and lime juice; bring to a boil and then simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in coriander.
- Serve with Cauli rice or quinoa with natural yoghurt on the side.
Recipe from Giuditta Del Vecchio, Nutritional Therapist.